Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Sassy Minerals Haul

My last haul for this week! :) Still waiting for another one! :)


Charming and Tart (Sassy Minerals version of NARS Orgasm) blushes
Natural "light", flash

Charming and Tart (Sassy Minerals version of NARS Orgasm) blushes
Natural "light", no flash


Top row (from Left to Right): Trust Me (gorgeous!), Bad Attitude (super gorgeous!), Crown Jewels
Bottom row (L to R): Ruthless, Lyrical (both freebies)
Natural "light", flash, contrast added (to show the depth)

Top row (from Left to Right): Trust Me (gorgeous!), Bad Attitude (super gorgeous!), Crown Jewels
Bottom row (L to R): Ruthless, Lyrical (both freebies!)
Natural "light", flash

Primers, Foundations and Finishing Powders
Natural "light", flash


Primers, Foundations and Finishing Powders
Natural "light", no flash
 
Shipping charges depend on the number of samples you order (the more you order the less you pay for shipping, orders exceeding 50 USD are free of charge worldwide!). For my order (10 samples, plus 2 freebies!) it was 4,8 USD. Quite reasonable, isn't it?

Ordered on 4.12 (Friday), received on 16.12 (Wednesday, right after my Aromaleigh haul!). Fast enough!

My initial thoughts:

Huge variety of colours! All samples come in clear sealed (!!!) jars! Great pigmentation! And cost 0,75 USD each (doesn't matter if it's an eyeshadow, a blush or a foundation!). How cool is that?

Tried Primer and Finishing powder with my Everyday Minerals foundation a couple of times. Worked really well! Began to crease slightly (on my nose) in about 8 hours. Not bad, considering that my T-zone is getting oily sometimes.

Tested foundations on my jawline. Hmmm... what can I say? I was a little bit naive ordering Medium shades, cause these are definitely too dark for me! Gotta choose Light next time.

The only negative thing about these eyeshadows is the fact that these eyeshadows don't cooperate with Urban Decay PP. I have yet to investigate this problem. They begin to fade in about 4 hours and crease in about 8 hours (beating Aromaleigh by 2 hours!)! Yep, I tried Aromaleigh on my left eye and Sassy Minerals on my right eye twice! lol Not good! Haven't experienced this "non-longevity" with my "88 palette from China". Hmmm... :/


Have yet to try foundations (will stay at home! :) cause Medium is too dark for me!) and blushes.

I was thinking the other day, that I should probably stop using that "88 palette from China" (well, it's from Coastal Scents, but we all know that these palettes are easily accessible on Ebay!). Sadly, you can never be sure if the quality of these eyeshadows is good enough and if they are safe for your eyes. :/ So now I'm thinking of getting more eyeshadows from Sassy Minerals and others "alike" to replace my favourite shades from the palette. :)

Have you tried Sassy Minerals? What are your thoughts?

PS Sassy Minerals don't repackage!

2 comments:

  1. awww consider how u have to buy each eyeshadow color one by one
    hehe
    i gave up on mineral eyeshadow pigment since its too messy plus my eyes isnt sensitive so only mineral blush and foundation
    :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't need that much actually. 20 sample jars would be just fine. :) First I have to find those 20 jars though!.. by trying out different shades... lol

    I previously ordered a couple of baggies from Coastal Scents, and my first impression was that they're too messy. But as I now have tried all these "loose" eyeshadows again, I'm impressed! They are not that scary as I thought before!:) They're so much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete