Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Depend nail polish in Nr. 115 (deep violet)

 
 Natural light
Looks a little bit lighter here than irl

 
 Natural light, flash
Power of bright light! :)

Note: I'm terribly sorry for my dry hands! I only noticed all these "beauties" when I uploaded my pictures. :/And it's a 3rd day of wear. Hence, "scratchy surface" look is becoming more obvious. :)


5 ml, exp. date: no info, made in Sweden (not sure though).

Have no idea if it's 3 Big free. Any thoughts?

Colour: deep violet. It looks much lighter in the bottle than on the nails. Under the "no light" (when it's cloudy for instance) it looks very dark deep violet, in worst cases it looks completely black. I like it best under the bright light, when it looks close to what you see in the bottle. Honestly, I'm a little bit tired of all those "showing under the bright light only" shades (OPI DS Fantasy, I'm talking to you in particular! China Glaze Side Saddle, take a note too! lol). It's funny when I have to explain that I'm not wearing the same black nail polish over and over again. :) "Check this out, it's not that black actually! And it's another nail polish...actually!" lol

Finish: creme.

Application: very smooth application , 2 coats (or even 1 would do!) is enough for a full coverage.

Retail price: 3,5 EUR.

Pros: perfect coverage (1-2 coats!), easy application, quite nice brush (not tiny as you would expected from this tiny bottle), pretty tiny bottle.
Cons: no ingredients (even on Depend website!) and no exp.date info!? no name, just a number (boring!!!)? darker than in the bottle, brush is too sharp-edged (meaning that you have to be extremely careful, or master "clean up" strategy :) ).

PS Don't want to wear plain creme black? Check this out! :)

What do you think about all those "almost black" nail polishes? :)

7 comments:

  1. No Depend has any name on them, just numbers. They're really cheap and since I change my nail polish quite often don't want to waste good and expensive polish for 2 day's use. And with most colours you need 1, max 2, coats to get opaque look. I just got that 115 few weeks ago and I liked it :) I like almost black nail polishes in general too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a little bit confusing when there is no name, but just a number. We're so spoiled by Opi & Co. :)

    I wouldn't call it cheap actually. It's 3,5 EUR for 5 ml, whereas OPI and China Glaze (when bought from online webshops) cost only 4-5 EUR (incl. shipping) for 15 ml. It's one of the cheapest nail polishes on the Finnish market though.

    I quite like it as well, but I'd be happier if I only owned 1 "this kind of a nail polish", because currently I have 4 "almost black" and it's not fun, because they seem so similar you can hardly tell the difference. :/ My bad! It won't happen again! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like dark polishes with shimmer that shows under sunlight or artificial light, and shades like blackened teal and purple, but if it's too close to black, I figure I might as well just wear black nail polish :X

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not fun trying to explain to someone (in my case - hubby) that all those 4 polishes are DIFFERENT! Oh, those men! lol

    PS I have one more review of "this kind of polish" on its way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful color on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Natural light colure is more beautiful on your nails. The nail polish has been traditionally worn by women, but has recently become more popular with man. Some types of polish are advertised to cause nail growth, make nails stronger, prevent nails from breaking, cracking and splitting and stop nail biting.

    ReplyDelete