Wednesday, March 17, 2010

China Glaze Side-Saddle vs Sinful Colors Rich In Heart

Natural light
Check the golden shimmer in the bottle!

 Natural light
Now tell me it's not black? lol

Natural light, flash
I do sparkle!.. in sunshine (or flash) only. lol
 

14 ml (0,5 oz), exp. date: 36 months after opening, made in USA.

Rodeo Diva Collection, fall 2008.

Nail lacquer with hardeners (Kaolin/China clay).
3 Big free (but contains Formaldehyde resin).

Colour: this colour is strange but still quite pretty. By "strange" I mean that it appears to be dark chocolate with golden shimmer in the bottle, appears deep shimmery burgundy on my nails, and appears (well, actually disappears would be the right word in this case) violet (!) on the cotton ball (during the removal process, obviously)! Strange, isn't it? :) Do you remember my rant from yesterday's post about those "almost black" nail polishes? Here are two of my fails! lol

Finish: shimmer.

Application: pretty average application, because the nail polish is on the thick side, but at least only 2 coats (or even 1 would do!) are enough for a full coverage.

Retail price: 2,5 USD - 11 EUR.

Pros: good coverage (1-2 coats!), pretty bottle, big 3 free.
Cons: difference between what you see in the bottle and what is actually on your nails, brush is too sharp-edged and small (meaning that you have to be extremely careful, or master "clean up" strategy), the fact that it's so expensive here!

PS Don't want to wear plain shimmery black? Check this out! :)

On to the comparison... I was wearing Side-Saddle the other day, when I realised this polish looks very similar to Sinful Colors Rich In Heart, which I bought to "ease my pain" of not getting CG Branding Iron (shimmery dark burgundy).

Natural light, flash
See? I told you, they're almost black, if they seem so dark even with a flash! :)
They look different in the bottles, don't they?

Natural light
Don't they look similar now?
Note: In case you haven't noticed, I'm still wearing CG here, just holding SC bottle. :)

 Artificial light (energy-saving lamp), flash
Sinful Colors Rich In Heart - I took this picture long looong time ago. Hence, the bad quality is here again. :)

Sinful Colors Rich In Heart

15 ml (0,5 oz), exp. date: 24 months after opening, made in USA.

3 Big and Camphor free.

Colour: deep burgundy shimmer in the black base. Appears almost black most of the time.

Finish: shimmer.

Application: pretty average application, because the nail polish is on the thick side, but at least only 2 coats (or even 1 would do!) are enough for a full coverage.

Retail price: 3,5 EUR.

Pros: good coverage (1-2 coats!), big 3 free.

Cons: pretty strong smell, brush is too sharp-edged and small (meaning that you have to be extremely careful, or master "clean up" strategy), ingredients text colour - black on almost black - are they kidding? lol

PS Don't want to wear plain shimmery black? Check this out! :)
PPS These two look almost completely identical when on the nails. If only I knew they're THIS similar before!!! :) Gotta give it to my friend, who is into heavy metal music. :)

4 comments:

  1. I think I prefer the Sinful Colours one! :) though ChG have the cutest names

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have these two?

    I'm not sure which one is a "keeper".:/ They look almost exactly the same when on. I'd say I prefer CG just because it's a tiny bit lighter (not as black as SC). :) Although I like that SC is a little bit more burgundy. Have to check them out again once we'll have sun here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got the sinful colors Rich in heart and I love it :)

    izaskunfashionista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete