Monday, November 16, 2009

8ty8beauty haul

I've never tried OPI and Orly nail polishes before as they're ridiculously expensive here (13-15 euro) and the colour range is rather poor (mostly pinks and reds - not my cup of tea). Until recently (this June)... I've checked so many swatches and websites before ordering my first bunch of OPI and Orly! I chose 8ty8beauty after all because they seem to carry all the nail polishes from my wishlist.

I was (and still am) very impressed with their service. Perfect customer service and very fast shipping! I was so shocked when I saw our postman with a package behind my door just a week after I placed my order. I thought I'd have to go to the post office in about one month or so! So naive! lol

For the start I decided to buy pastel "office-friendly" shades. I've already tried them all. And all I can say - I'm hooked! :) Since June I've ordered several more polishes from other suppliers. More on that some other day. Btw, I'm eagerly waiting for my 2nd order from 8ty8beauty! Hope to get it this week. :)


From left to right: Orly Golden Halo, OPI Done Out In Deco, OPI Suzi & The Lifeguard, OPI My Daddy's The King, OPI Sand In My Suit, OPI Your Royal Shyness.


My initial thoughts & short reviews:
Overall: nice bottles, perfect brushes, smooth & easy application. LOOOVE! :)

Orly Golden Halo (French Manicure): pale lavender - golden halo, shimmer. Very interesting shade. In some lights it's lavender, in some - golden. the only negative thing - the drying time is horrible! Even with a top coat, it dries for more than 2 hours. I've experinced the exact same problem with Orly Super Natural. It was my "all-summer" choice for my toe nails. :)

OPI Done Out In Deco (South Beach Collection 2009): lavender, creme.

OPI Suzi & The Lifeguard (South Beach Collection 2009): pale pink, shimmer. I have troubles with application. It is so liquidy-runny, but somehow manages to appear as a thick mess. SO weird!

OPI My Daddy's The King (Princess Charming Collection): pale peachy-pink, pearly shimmer. Gorgeous!

OPI Sand In My Suit (South Beach Collection 2009): sandy beige, shimmer.

OPI Your Royal Shyness (Princess Charming Collection): pale pink-beige, pearly shimmer. The beauty beyond words! :) I get the most compliments when I wear this shade. :) Although the colour is not unique, it's pretty classic-simple and the application is quite tricky (brush strokes!!!), I still think it's simply beautiful! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment