Wednesday, January 27, 2010

What I am currently using... Vol. 2

I am back to blogging! Yay! So many things to say and so little time... as usual! :) I will try to catch up! :)

This topic was one of my first posts back to February 2009. Almost a year has passed, and not much has changed. Only the quantities though... lol

Hair
 
Shampoo: LUSH Godiva solid shampoo. Makes my hair super soft and silky.

Conditioner: From time to time (read: when I am not lazy :) ) - LUSH American Cream hair conditioner. "Smells of honey, vanilla, strawberries and oranges." I wish! It smells disgusting! Can't even explain all this weirdness! It's nauseatingly sweet... if it makes sense. :/


Styling products: Currently I don’t use any, but I have few products “just in case”. :) I just wash my hair and let it "air dry", that's all I do. :)

Hair mask: none. My poor hair! Am I a bad "owner"? lol

Body

Shower gel: Rexona Activshower 2 in 1 “Freshness & care”. "LOVE! My 20+ something bottle!:)" I said in February (!!!). Can you imagine how many bottles I used ever since? :)

Body moisturiser: Natusan (Johnson&Johsnon in some other countries) Baby Oil with Aloe Vera. A little goes a LOOONG way! It's almost gone... after one year of almost daily use! I use it mainly for my legs though.

Deodorant: I have 4 at the moment, but use only Nivea Double Effect Violet Senses on a daily basis. Btw, other 3 from LUSH (reviewed those a while back).

Fake tan: I have two, but use them occasionally - Garnier Ambre Solaire “No trace Bronzer” and St. Moriz Instant Self Tanning Mousse (pretty messy application ! It's better to apply it wearing gloves, or be EXTREMELY quick, otherwise you'll end up with brownish hands!)

Hand cream: Recently ran out of L'Occitane Cherry Blossom hand cream (too sweet and not very moisturising), now using Avene Cold Cream hypoallergenic hand cream "Care and protection of dry, chapped and irritated hands"... hmmm... what can I say? My hands condition is really bad during winter (when we were on vacation the whole situation improved 100 times!), but even this thick/rich cream can't help me. My hands skin is still dry/tight. :/ Gotta try hand masks!
 
Face


Makeup remover: Boots Eye makeup remover (almost gone! have to find an alternative, because we don't have Boots in Finland), L’Oreal Demaq’ expert Foaming gel cream intensive make-up remover (don't like it much, because it "tingles" my skin sometimes! Cashmere milk was SO MUCH better!)

Cleanser: Eucerin Dermo Purifyer Soap & Fragrance Free cleanser (the range promises to clear skin in 3 weeks... still hoping it will work. :) )

Cream: Eucerin Dermo Purifyer Oil Free moisturising cream-gel (it absorbs quickly leaving my face DRY! paradox!)

Eye cream: Eucerin Q10 Active Fragrance-free Anti-wrinkle cream.

Lip balm: Palmer's Moisturizing Lip Balm in the morning (creamy texture), The Body Shop Coconut Lip Butter is my "good night balm". It smells differently from Coconut Body Butter (which smell I adore)! It smells more of a sweet milky porridge. Reminds me of LUSH Porridge soap but not coconut! It's very soft'n'light on the lips, but not very moisturising. I'd recommend Carmex if you have dry lips.

Exfoliator: Sometimes I use St Ives Invigorating Apricot Scrub. I think I got a spoiled one (it's mini/travel size). It doesn't smell fresh and sweet, and doesn't do anything to my skin. :/


Mask: I was constantly buying LUSH Catastrophe Cosmetic fresh mask, but it didn't work for me in a long run, so I stopped using it. I still have a bunch of Soap & Glory Fab Pore Mask left, but again - it doesn't work for me either (messy removal, weird residue afterward). I'm *on a quest* again!

Makeup

Primer: Gave GOSH Velvet Touch Foundation Primer to my friend. Smooth application but isn’t long-lasting... at all! And it cost 16 EUR! Have just run out of Fyrinnae Powder Primer (sample). It worked wonders! Very smooth application and long-lasting! The only negative thing - it's extremely finely melted powder and it's very easy to inhale some "leftovers".:/ Thinking of ordering it in full size (worked better than Sassy Minerals IMO)! Still have to test Fyrinnae Velvet-gel Silica primer.


Foundation: Have a bunch of samples from Everyday Minerals, Sassy Minerals, Aromaleigh and a full-size Revlon ColorStay foundation (not my thing... dries too freaking fast before I can fix the whole thing). Still trying to find my ideal shade and formula. Currently it became even more complicated, because I returned from my vacation 1 or even 2 shades darker! Bummer! If earlier I was more of a Cool Light or Fair, now I'm somewhere in between Neutral and Cool Medium. Weird! :/


Finishing powder: Tried Everyday Minerals, Aromaleigh, Sassy Minerals... I guess this thing just doesn't work for me (it greases and ruins the whole thing!). I'd better choose just primer instead! :)

Foundation brush: Everyday Minerals Long Handled Kabuki brush. I definitely will order more brushes in the near future! :)

Concealer: I use Revlon ColorStay foundation instead.:)

Blusher: Avon Colour face pearls in pink for every day use and a bunch of other "mineral" companies when I feel "I can do it!" :) Fyrinnae Hypnotize is one of my favourites.

Bronzer: Don’t use… Currently I look like I have some bronzer on. lol

Highlighter: Don’t use…

Eyebrow products: Lumene eyebrow Eyebrow Graphics pencil in Grey Brown 2. My HG! Without it I'm almost albino. lol I also have GOSH long lasting eyebrow pencil in Greybrown. It's not bad, I quite like it, but Lumene's brush/comb and shade are slightly better.

Eyeshadow base: UDPP.

Eyeshadows: a BUNCH of mineral eyeshadows from mineral companies. My favourites so far (all greens!!! :) ): Aromaleigh Aloe, Loden, Amarante, Drama Queen Topaz; Fyrinnae We're All Mad Here, Dragonskin; Sassy Minerals Trust Me, Bad Attitude.

Eyeliner: Fyrinnae Tyr eyeshadow, Clinique Cream Shaper for eyes in Nr. 01 Black Diamond (super creamy and glossy formula! MUST HAVE!)

Eyelash curler: Don’t have… Thinking of buying one though, because some mascaras just don't work for me (make my eyelashes flat'n'straight)!

Eyelash base: Don’t have…

Mascara: Maybelline Lash Stylist - my HG! And Maybelline Colossal... Huge brush, strong tulip (!) scent and "zero volume" effect. :/

Lipstick: Avon Pro-To-Go Nude Peach - my all time favourite shade (hate the packaging)! Have a bunch of Avon bullet like testers and some random lipsticks. Another favourite combination of mine (result is a peachy pink shade) - NYX round lipstick in Nr. 550 Indian Pink (too orange, frosty and drying on its own) and Lip Gloss with Mega shine in Nr. 104 Sweet Heart (too pale for my liking, don't like the super sweet and strong cherry scent). Planning to make swatches of these two plus combo. :)


Natural "light", flash

Lipgloss: Dior Addict Ultra Gloss Reflect in 347/Raffia orange. LOVE! Almost gone and it seems that it's being discontinued! How lucky I am?:/

Nail colour: This one has changed a lot since the last year. I answered it before my "renewed obsession", when I had just around 10 polishes.:) My favourite shades so far: China Glaze Emerald Sparkle, Essie Eternal Optimist, OPI Catherine The Grape, OPI Your Royal Shyness, OPI My Daddy's The King, Color Club Wild At Heart and Wet'n'Wild Rock Solid Nail Lacquer in Pink Sapphire.

What are you using right now? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment