Friday, January 8, 2010

Fyrinnae Haul

I have so many things to write about. A bunch of pictures is waiting when I finally will be able to sort them out. And I still keep on getting my orders... from the previous year. :)

Here is what I got this time from Fyrinnae.


Natural "light"

Top row (from L to R): We're All Mad Here, Dragonskin, Dressed To Kill, Tyr, Dokkalfar
Middle Row (L to R): Boytoy, Polar Bear, Lucky Charmed, Hypercool, Biker Chic
Bottom Row (L to R): Hypnotize, Powder Primer, Velvet-Gel Silica Primer, Pixie Epoxy
Natural "light"

Top row (from L to R): We're All Mad Here, Dragonskin, Dressed To Kill, Tyr, Dokkalfar
Middle Row (L to R): Boytoy, Polar Bear, Lucky Charmed, Hypercool, Biker Chic
Bottom Row (L to R): Hypnotize, Powder Primer, Velvet-Gel Silica Primer, Pixie Epoxy
 Natural "light", flash, contrast added (to show the depth)

Shipping is max. 3 USD for US and 3,5 USD for International. Quite reasonable, isn't it? The best part - shipping is free on all orders over 20 USD WORLDWIDE! How cool is that?

Ordered on 17.12 (Thursday), order was shipped on 24.12, received on 4.1 (this Monday). IMO it's quite fast! Check their website for more details on their shipping schedules. They're quite busy and it takes time to CREATE product not just pack.

I had some difficulties when I tried to pay with PayPal. The payment just didn't "want" to go through. I contacted the customer service on 17.12 (Thursday evening). They replied that it's a common problem with PayPal and offered to send me an invoice. They also "discounted a bit for the trouble", i.e. I got one eyeshadow for free. Excellent customer service! :)

My initial thoughts:

I like the creativity of the brand: lots of different gorgeous shades with cool (dark mysterious gothic "tolkienistic") names. Great! All samples come in clear jars (blushes, eye shadows and face powders) or in "funny-looking cute tiny" jars (liquid products)! Great pigmentation! Generous samples! Eye shadow sample costs 1,75 USD, blush and primers - 1,5 USD.

I've already swatched all the products. Have no idea why Boytoy is so much less in quantity (it spilled only a little bit) compared to the rest. Polar Bear looks much more golden on the eye (I thought it would be more light beige pink gold), and so does Lucky Charmed (I thought it would be more olive in tone). My faves are on the first row, especially We're All Mad Here, Dragonskin and Dressed To Kill. I am definitely a green lover! :)

Pixie Epoxy does make a HUGE difference! Colours become several times deeper! The only bad thing I've noticed so far is that it's too sticky (so be quick to apply eye shadow ASAP, otherwise you might end up with a glued lid lol) and it's very difficult to blend the colour when Pixie Epoxy is on! I guess it's better to use it after you've blended all the edges and just want to deepen the colour. Can't comment on the longevity yet, because I only tested it for one hour.

Tried Powder Primer with Sassy Minerals foundation and Fyrinnae Hypnotize (Glow Blush) yesterday. Worked really well! I'd even say that I'm impressed! I have yet to figure out was it the foundation or the primer, or the combination of these two "guilty" in the flawlessness of my skin. lol I currently suffer from really bad hormonal breakouts and have those terrible red scars on my chin, so it's usually easy to say I'm wearing a foundation on my face, but this time it looked really like my "second skin", the scars were still visible though, but the overall situation was not that bad. Began to crease very slightly (on my nose) in about 10 hours. And that creasing wasn't the one when you see your foundation sliding off! It was more of a skin oil "sitting on the surface" (sounds kind of gross, but it's not that awful IRL lol). Great! :)

I also wore Polar Bear and Ruthless (Sassy Minerals) yesterday. Lasted pretty good with Urban Decay Primer Potion. Begin to fade in about 9 hours only.

Have yet to try Velvet-Gel Silica Primer "in action".

Have you tried Fyrinnae? What are your thoughts?

PS Fyrinnae don't repackage!

4 comments:

  1. The sample of Boy Toy might be smaller because it's an extra one they gave you. I got a free sample when I ordered, which was somewhat smaller than the rest. Swatches pleeease!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thing is that I ordered this stuff only (Boytoy included), then I had difficulties with Paypal (the total was something like 21,75 USD), so they made a discount (I paid total 20 USD). I'm not complaining here. :) If it's smaller because it's for free, I'm just happy that it's Boytoy and not any of the beauties from the first row! :)

    I'm planning to swatch and compare all the shades I have once all my orders arrive. :) Do you like something in particular? :)

    Btw, I used Hypercool as an eyeliner yesterday. It indeed is hypercool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have good taste! ;) I have all but 2 of those colors haha. Fyrinnae is my favorite! They will usually throw in a free sample (maybe for repeat customers, because I don't remember having one in my first order), but they will say "free sample" on the sticker. They usually are smaller, I think 1/8 tsp. Some of the more special colors are also only 1/8 tsp, but it should say that on the site.

    It took me a few tries to get pixie epoxy down because I found it hard to blend over at first. Now I only use the tiniest amount and really spread it out with a couple of fingers. It's such a small amount that it doesn't even feel tacky to the touch, but it still does the job. Hope it works out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bebo, thank you! You're so kind! :) I'm into greens and dark blues (trying to find some kind of a "dark mysterious blue") lately. :)

    Yep, it says "Free sample" on my Boytoy. Thanx for pointing me out, I haven't noticed it before. Oh well, thankfully it's not one of my faves! :)

    I'll try to be more gentle with Pixie next time I use it. :)

    ReplyDelete