Finally I managed to make a couple of decent pictures. I usually take pictures of nature, people and architecture monuments but makeup… this is my first experience.:) You've got to see my hubby's facial expression when he was copying these pictures from our camera. LOL
Note: I didn't take a picture of my 20 bullet-like AVON lipstick testers cause they're sooo small.:)
I've never been a fan of collecting makeup items as I'm very aware of those "expiration dates". I like the feeling of satisfaction when I see that some of my few lippies "take a last breath with their last dip". LOL There were days I repurchased the same shade several times! Can you imagine this?:) Now I'm more into experimenting but I still prefer to have several versatile shades and be able to mix those to get even more shades. This is when my 20 bullet-like AVON testers come into force.:)
So here are my heroes that don't and will never feel "still full but spoiled" LOL:
From L-R from Bottom to Top: Dior, Bourjois, GOSH, Max Factor, Avon palette; Rimmel Nude Pink, Deborah, Rimel Dare
1,2. Rimmel Lasting Finish in shades 001 Nude Pink and 061 Dare. My little tricks: Usually I put Nude Pink on my bottom lip and Dare on my upper lip (hence they are of different shapes!:) ) and then mix them together – this shade goes perfectly for my everyday a la "no makeup" look.:) I use Dare with Blistex gloss on top for my evening look. Nude pink is a perfect neutraliser for any dark shade! Though I never use Nude pink alone as it seems too pale on me.
3. Deborah Hydrocolor Shine in shade Grape. It's a tinted lip balm actually. Extremely sheer burgundy colour, looks very natural. The grapey smell is a bit strong but surprise-surprise I like it!:)
Swatches from L-R: Deborah, Rimmel Nude Pink, Rimmel Dare
Avon samples (from nudes to bright reds, purples and browns – the one I wouldn't normally buy full-size as I don't like this kind of colours):
Avon Youth-awakening 5 bullet-like lipstick testers/samples
Avon Pro-To-Go 4 bullet-like samples. Frozen Rose and Nude Peach are gorgeous! I'm thinking of ordering those in full size but I'm not a fan of Avon so I'm hoping to find some dupes somewhere. Nude Peach looks like something in between MAC HK Cute Ster and Creamsheen Shy girl. Let's see…
Avon Ultra Color Rich 11 samples. I like Frozen Rose which is quite similar to the one from Pro-To-Go but I think the latest is prettier and has more shimmer.:)
1. Dior Addict Ultra Gloss Reflect in shade 347 Orange Raffia. This is my all-time favourite lip gloss ever! I love the shade and the consistency. Extremely long-lasting and non-sticky!
2. Max Factor Silk Gloss Sheer Frost in shade 370 Cinnamon Glow. My favourite nude shade so far. It's also perfect for neutralising bright shades. The smell is delicious! Vanilla chocolate!
3. Bourjois Eau de Gloss Cosmic in shade 21 Cappuccino Ice. I don't like this shade and the smell is too fruity and strong which I hate! But the consistency is very nice and it feels very refreshing on my lips. I mix it with my Rimmel lipstick or with a bunch of Avon testers in order to make this shade work for me.
4. GOSH Star Shine lip glaze in shade Boogie Star. Extremely sheer! Good for neutralising and mixing with other lipsticks.
5. Avon 8 in 1 lip gloss palette in Pinks. I was very skeptical when I first saw it and… guess what? Yep, smelled it! The smell is kind of plastic! BUT! They appeared to be amazing and what's most important for me they're absolutely fragrance-free when applied! I like this palette a lot! All shades are versatile and buildable (from very sheer to the "full coverage"). I especially love the 1st and 4th (counting from the left), peachy and peachy pink shades. AND they're surprisingly long-lasting and non-sticky!
Swatches from L-R: Dior, Max Factor, GOSH, Bourjois
The END :)